I Want a Lingerie Drawer That Works For Me, Not Against Me
I am currently working on recreating my lingerie drawer. I want to have the essential pieces to work with my everyday wear and for special occasions. Everything on my list is not necessary but it is good to have just in case it is needed. Please keep in mind that this list is made according to my needs. You may tweak it to fit your needs.
Lingerie ranges from simple to sexy and fun. Leave some room for little treats such as a pink bra or lacy bikini. I love to treat myself once in a while. There is nothing wrong with adding some color and texture to your lingerie drawer. Yes, basic colors are a must because they work with mostly everything in your closet but color adds life to a dull outfit!
Lingerie to buy:
- Seamless/T-shirt bra - These are my favorite style of bra because I can wear a seamless/t-shirt bra with form fitted tops. They are almost invisible under my clothes.
- Push Up/Balcony bra - I usually wear these styles of bras with low cut tops/dresses because they are sexy. The Push-up bras enhance the cleavage and balcony bras only cover half of the breast.
- Convertible bra - This is a great bra to wear with almost any outfit. The straps can be worn criss cross, halter or wide set.
- Strapless bra - A good strapless bra is great to have so that you can wear it under your evening gowns and sleeveless top. (I prefer to buy strapless bras in a smaller band size so that it can fit a little more snug to prevent them from falling off. I usually go down in the band and up in the cup to get the cup to fit me properly.)
- Sports bra - It is good to get a sports bra that caters to the certain activity that you are doing. Sports bras range from light to high impact activities.
- Plunge bra - I love the sexy look of a plunge bra. They are ideal to wear with very low front tops that show off your cleavage.
- Lace bra - A lace bra is good for those days when sexy, elegant and fun is the mood that I am going for.
Undies range from simple to sexy. I enjoy underwear shopping because of the many styles and colors to choose from.
- Briefs/Panties (Full Coverage) - I like to wear this style of underwear with my jeans, when comfort is the only option or when more support is needed. These consist of boyshorts (super cute), full coverage or hi-cu legs.
- Thongs - Super sexy and fun. These are great under form fitted bottoms because there are no visible panty lines. These come in classic styles, low rise and g-string.
- Bikini brief (moderate coverage) - These are cute and sexy. They offer moderate coverage and fit comfortably. They are a sexier alternative to full coverage panties.
Misc Must Haves:
(These are for use when needed.)
- Slips (full and half)
- Camisoles - Great for layering
- Body Briefer - Ideal when looking for a smooth look under clothing
- Adhesive Bra - Good alternative to a strapless bra
- Breast Petals - ideal when going braless
- Double sided Fashion Tape - Helps secure fabric to the body or to other fabrics to prevent slippage
A Few From Our Blog (There's More!!)