Summer fashions, especially bare shoulders and spaghetti straps, don’Äôt work well with regular bras. This leaves us with the dilemma of either going braless or wearing a strapless bra. Braless isn’Äôt an option for many of us. And a strapless bra often means discomfort and constant tugging when we fear the bra is slipping down to our waist.
You’Äôll probably wear a different size in a strapless bra than your regular bra. Most women need a smaller band size for additional support and may need a larger cup size so they don’Äôt pop out the top of the cup.
Here are 5 tips for finding the right strapless bra for you.
- Since all the support in a strapless bra comes from the band, make sure the band is snug enough to stay in place but not so tight to be uncomfortable. A sign of a too tight band is when your skin bulges above and below the band to the extent that it is visible under your clothes.
- The cups should fit smoothly over your breast without any tissue bulging out of the cup. If the cup is too small, there is a risk of your breast popping out of the cup.
- The bra should have rubber strips along the band and the cups to hold the bra in place.
- Move around while trying on a strapless bra to make sure it stays in place.
- If you need more support, consider a longline strapless bra. A longline bra has a wider band that extends down your midriff providing additional support for your breasts.
Here are 4 of our favorite strapless bras anyone of which may be the perfect strapless bra for you.
The Le Mystere Soiree Strapless Bra 9756 offers full figure support up to a G cup.
This bra features a slip-free technology that holds this bra in place. Made with a sheer microfiber frame with power mesh on the wings this bra provides strong support with a lightweight look.
Available in band sizes 32 through 40, it comes with a removable, convertible strap.
The Carnival Full Figure Glamour Invisible Strapless Hidden Underwire Bra 126 features molded, seamless cups which makes it invisible under your clothes.
The hidden-grip elastic band keeps this bra in place.
This bra is available in sizes up to 48 DDD.
The Elomi Smoothing Underwire Foam Molded Strapless Bra 1230 is another good choice.
The foam molded cups offer great support while looking great under your foam-fitted tops. The powernet wings feature gripper elastic for increased support and anchorage.
Available in band sizes up to 48 and cup sizes up to GG.
A Big Girls Bras customer wrote to tell us how thrilled she is with the Elomi Strapless Bra 1230: ’ÄúThis bra is sooo amazing!! I’Äôm so pleased with the lift and hold; very, very supportive for the full figure!! I’Äôm so happy I’Äôve found a bra that allows me to wear my sexy tops and the girls sit up at attention!! I recommend this bra to all my girlfriends.’Äù
The Panache Evie Bridal Strapless Bra 6110 is an excellent strapless bra that is perfect for every day.
This is a gorgeous strapless bra with three-part cups giving you a nice shape and padded cups for discrete coverage.
Currently on sale at Big Girls Bras, this bra is available in band sizes 30 through 38 and cup sizes D through H.
Let Big Girls Bras help you find a strapless bra you can love. Contact our friendly and knowledgeable Customer Service team at (866) 352-4494 or through Facebook and other social media. We’Äôre here to help.