The possibilities are endless
A lot has been said about what a stylish, figure flattering swimsuit can do for you, but the perfect cover up has always seemed less appreciated. That's a real shame, because the right cover up can be a seriously versatile asset in your wardrobe. A classic pareo alone can be worn countless ways, making it the ultimate luggage space saver on your next vacation. We've compiled a quick fun list of ways to get the most out of your favorite cover up.
1. Most obviously, a cover up is the coolest, cleanest way to go from sunbathing on the beach to strolling down the boardwalk. Just throw one on over your chic little bathing suit and you're ready to roll, even taking sunscreen stops at the store on the way. Easy to take off at the beach and then slip back into when you're ready to chase the heat away with a sweet cone of ice cream or ice-cold soda.
2. Pareos are incredibly versatile pieces. The possibilities of tying a pareo or sarong are seemingly infinite, and have become something of an art form - they can be twisted into halter top sun dresses with an open slit, tied under the arms for a chic strapless look, or tied at the top, doubled up slightly around the waist and tied again at the hip.
For your own effortless take on it, try wrapping one around your waist for a quick and cool skirt with full leg coverage or tie it around your neck* for quick and cute full body coverage. Add on a skinny belt (in a metallic finish for some night time drama, perhaps) and you have a look finished enough for a night out on the town.
3. A kimono style cover up is so chic and a great way to show off your stems while keeping a relaxed vibe. In rich prints, these can easily be paired with a pair of leggings or straight leg jeans for a comfy but elegant silhouette. Throw together with some vivid bangles and statement earrings, and you're good to go for drinks, dinner and dancing.
4. Bathing suit skirts or mini skirts are perfect for more coverage for those more shy about their thighs, but throw on a fitted tank top, a drapey lightweight scarf and dangling earrings for a sweet little about-the-town look.
5. Tunics are ridiculously forgiving, and sexy on just about every body type. This tunic plays off beautiful collar bones and dcollet, those universally appealing body parts, cinches in the slimmest part of the body, right under the bust. The cinching acts as rouching, creating flattering lines from the center of the chest and out, and the whole thing drapes beautifully throughout the torso.
Side slits show just a hint of skin but leave most everything to the imagination. The end result is a look that seems daring but is actually appealingly forgiving. The instantly stylish tunic is designed perfectly with details like beaded drawstrings and is available in prints and solids to please every palette.
The possibilities are endless. Cover-up fabrics are durable, water proof and come in an amazing array of vivid hues and unique prints. They're easily dressed up or down, making them the summer time staple. It's time to make your cover up the star of the show! Check out some of our most loved below, and snag your favorite before it's gone!
Pictured from left, Sunsets Separates Sheer Cover Up Tunic, Sunsets Separates Cover Ups Pareo, Aerin Rose Mid Length Cotton Swimwear Tunic, Swim Systems Kimono Style Cover Up, Sunsets Separates Chiffon Swimsuit Pareo
P.S. Feel free to visit our store - chock full of premium brand bras and swimwear, designed to support and flatter, at unbelievably great prices.
* If we've landed in your junk mail folder, please be sure to add our email address, email@example.com, to your contacts. That way you'll be sure to receive all your goodies in short order.
*We value your Privacy. You can change your email subscription settings at any time at by logging in to "My Account."
At BGB, we love our customers and we're always here to help you. If you have any questions or need any help with fitting or sizing, please call our experts at 1-866-352-4494.
Big Girls Bras, etc (BiggerBras.com)
3540 NW 56th St., Suite 207
Ft. Lauderdale, Florida 33309