Fitting for maternity bras follows the same measuring and fit guidelines as any other bra, with a few notes specific to pregnancy:
- When you reach the last trimester of pregnancy, shop for nursing bras to assure an effective and lasting fit.
- Maternity bras should support the breasts, but not bind under the breast. Constricting the breast can affect milk flow.
- Breast change in size and shape during pregnancy. Choose a roomy cup to accommodate these changes and fluctuations; particularly to expand once milk comes in.
- The upper side of the cups should be loose, but should still provide the proper comfort and support. Refitting may be necessary as breasts increase in size during pregnancy.
- Try on bras with a breast pad or shield to check for fit.
- The bra should fit comfortably when fastened with the middle set of hooks. This accommodates changes to size as the pregnancy progresses and after delivery.
For additional details, you can view our full Maternity Guide.
Do you have a bra fitting question? Ask us on Facebook. http://www.facebook.com/BigGirlsBras