Longline bras are very popular with:
- Women who have fuller busts
- Women who want more support in a strapless bra
- Women who want some boning or shaping for the stomach
- Women who like corset-style lingerie but also want something functional
- Women who sit or stand for most of the day and develop backache or shoulder strain with traditional bras
Spend a little more time shopping for your longline bra if you're:
- A curvy, voluptuous or full-figured woman
- A woman whose stomach protrudes or curves out and forms the widest point of the body
If you're a curvy, voluptuous or full-figured woman, it's vital to ensure that the longline bra fits properly. If it's too snug, it could create bulging above or below the bra, which can be very unflattering under form-fitted clothing! If you've got a soft body or voluptuous curves, you may find that you look best in a full figured longline bra with a generous cut.
For women whose stomach forms the widest point of the body, a longline bra may end at the widest point and may show under your dress or shirt. If you've got this body type, you may need to shop around for a longer (or shorter!) longline bra that doesn't end at this point, or something with invisible seams or more robust shaping. A body briefer may be best for this body type.
Bra Styles Revealed: What, When and Who