Bras provide a lot of great benefits that make them very popular among women in western cultures. Statistics say that as many as 90% of women wear bras, so the answer to 'who should wear a bra' is: pretty much everyone!
Bras are particularly helpful for:
- Women with large breasts who want some relief from the weight of the bust
- Women whose breasts tissue is loose or 'agging' and want support and shaping from a bra
- Women who want their breasts to stay put and not bounce or move around when they're working out
- Women who want to preserve modesty with a bra that prevents nipple show-through and provides smooth, feminine shaping
- Women who have had surgery and need a bra for medical reasons
- Women who have aches and pains caused by their breasts, particularly shoulder pain, back pain, or muscle tension headaches
- Women who have dress codes at work and need to wear a bra as a part of the work wardrobe
There's really no-one who shouldn't wear a bra - it's just a matter of picking the right bra for your body type and activity.
Bra Styles Revealed: What, When and Who